Salta al contenuto
Rss





Italiano

Villa Lascaris

Il marchese Agostino Lascaris nel 1799 acquistò i resti del castello di Pianezza, con l'annessa tenuta, appartenuto nel corso dei secoli a Beatrice Langosco favorita di Emanuele Filiberto, ai Simiana, ai Savoia e infine al governo francese che lo fece abbattere per rivenderne le pietre.
immagine ingrandita Villa Lascaris - Facciata (Foto Mario) (apre in nuova finestra) La villa, costruita a inizio '800 nella zona nord del parco del vecchio castello, è di notevoli dimensioni e nelle sue nobili linee richiama lo stile impero.
La facciata principale rivolta a ovest, semplice ed elegante, è scandita da lesene che le danno un garbato senso di verticalità.
Un cortiletto severo e raccolto delimita l'ala padronale dalla costruzione che dà su Via Lascaris, un tempo riservata ai dipendenti.
Un androne che permetteva il passaggio delle carrozze al cortiletto ha sulle pareti il busto e lo stemma di Agostino Lascaris e di Mons. Franzoni, opere di Giovanni Calvetti, e la lapide che ricorda il generoso lascito della villa alla Curia. Un altro piccolo stemma dei Lascaris, di marmo con l'aquila bicipite incoronata su entrambe le teste, si trova sulla parete esterna dell'androne dalla parte del cortiletto.
L'interno della costruzione gentilizia è formato da uno spazioso ingresso attraverso il quale si accede a sud alla sala da ballo e alla sala del biliardo, e a nord ad una sala di disimpegno, alle scale che portano all'appartamento del Marchese e alla sala da pranzo.
A destra dell'ingresso si apre la cosiddetta "Sala degli affreschi", già salone da ballo, le cui pareti presentano pregevoli dipinti a tempera di Luigi Baldassarre Reviglio, pittore attivo in Piemonte tra il 1809 e il 1835.
I dipinti sono una vera e propria antologia dei diversi generi di pittura paesaggistica; composizioni e dettagli riecheggiano in alcune scene per lo più il paesaggio settecentesco, mentre in altre ricordano VanLoo e Friedrich.
Il soffitto affrescato è probabile opera di Luigi Vacca.
Il pavimento in mosaico "seminato alla veneziana" richiama, nel decoro, l'affresco della volta.
La "Sala del biliardo" è dedicata al ricordo di Francesco Giuseppe Maria Vincenzo padre di Agostino.
Entro finte nicchie sono affrescati a monocromo, per dare l'impressione di statue, i personaggi storici dell'epoca del padre del Marchese; una galleria di personaggi di avanguardia, per quei tempi.
Tutti questi affreschi eseguiti dopo il 1823 sono opera di Fabrizio Sevesi e Luigi Vacca, pittori molto apprezzati a corte e non solo nel Regno di Sardegna.
La villa, ora di proprietà della Curia di Torino secondo le volontà testamentarie del marchese Agostino Lascaris, è adibita a Centro di Spiritualità e Cultura.


English

Villa Lascaris

immagine ingrandita Villa Lascaris - Vista Laterale (apre in nuova finestra) In 1799 the Marquis Augustin Lascaris acquired the ruin of the castle of Pianezza along with an adjacent plot of land. The property had belonged through the course of centuries to Beatrice Langosco, a favorite of Emanuele Filiberto, to the Simiana, the royal house of Savoy and finally to the French government who ordered the dismantlement of the castle and its conversion to building material following Napoleon's conquest of the region.
The villa, begun in the early 1800's in the northern area of the former castle park, is of remarkable dimensions and with its noble lines recalls the empire style of architecture.
The main face is turned to the west, presenting a simple and elegant design which gives a gentile presentation of the height of the structure. A rather austere central courtyard separates the wing forming the family residence from that situated along Via Lascaris, which was long ago reserved for employees.
A hallway permitted passage of coaches to the courtyard. On the walls of this hallway are the bust and coat of arms of Augustin Lascaris and Mons. Franzoni.
These details are the work of Giovanni Calvetti. Also nearby is the memorial stone which recalls the generous bequest of the villa to the Catholic Church. Another small coat of arms of the Lascaris, constructed of marble with the two-headed eagle, may be found on the outside wall of the courtyard near to the hallway.
The interior of the residence is comprised of a spacious entrance hall which leads to a ballroom and billiard room to the south, and to the north to a drawing room, the stairway to the apartment of the Marquis and to the lunch hall.
To right of the entrance is the so-called "Hall of Frescoes", yet another ballroom, the walls of which present valuable paintings of the artist Luigi Baldassarre Reviglio, a piemontese artist active between 1809 and 1835. The paintings are an anthology of various landscape interpretation methods; compositions and details in some scenes resound with landscape art methods of the seventeenth century, while others recall the technique of VanLoo and Friedrich. The frescoed ceiling is probably the work of Luigi Vacca. The mosaic floor "The Creation of Venice" pays tribute to frescoes of the time.
The billiard hall is dedicated to the memory of Francisco Giuseppe Vincenzo Maria, father of Augustin. A series of false niches display monochrome frescoes that give the impression of statues. These represent the historical personages during the time of the Marquis' father. All of these frescoes are executed after 1823, and are the work of Fabrizio Sevesi and Luigi Vacca, painters highly recognized within the royal court of Sardinia and beyond.
The villa, currently property of the Catholic Curate of Turin per the testament of the Marquis Augustin Lascaris, is used by the Curate's Center of Spirituality and Culture.


English

Lascaris Villa Garden

immagine ingrandita Villa Lascaris - Giardino (apre in nuova finestra) The huge park, rich with native and exotic trees, was extended at the last minute beyond its original plan. Mons. Gastaldi, in the latter years of the 19th century, changed the primitive Italian style garden into a formal garden of the English style, with great trees and extended lawn space.
Together with the scattered ruins from the ancient castle, the park is a place to reflect upon the heroic actions of Maria Bricca on the night of September 5 1706 (see separate section on the Pianezza castle for explanation). Along the wall to the West can be seen the only clear testimony to the medieval castle: one modest, partially ruined tower.
There are numerous species of arboreal value, including Lebanese red cedar, chestnut, oak, American elm, nettle, fir and magnolia.
Still today that imposing mass of the lebanese cedar and beech trees appear to offer a salute to visitors who leave the villa or approach it from the garden.
Further away, at the edge of the central lawn, a majestic beech tree is placed beside a red fir, offering the delightful contrast of the vigorous and somewhat severe evergreen alongside the delicate and graceful fronds of the beech.

Clicca sull'anteprima per visualizzare le immagini ingrandite




Inizio Pagina Comune di PIANEZZA (TO) - Sito Ufficiale
Piazza Leumann n.1 - 10044 PIANEZZA (TO) - Italy
Tel. (+39)011.9670000 - Fax (+39)011.9670295
Codice Fiscale: 01299070019 - Partita IVA: 01299070019
EMail: urp@comune.pianezza.to.it
Posta Elettronica Certificata: comune.pianezza@pec.it
Web: http://www.comune.pianezza.to.it


|